Monday, September 10, 2007

Love and Respect

I began reading this book by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs for a girls group I meet with on Friday mornings. Though I have only read one chapter, I am so excited to read a book that speaks such amazing truth! In Ephesians 5:33, Paul writes, "Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." The bottom line in Chapter One is this: without respect, he reacts without love- without love, she reacts without respect. How wonderful to know that Paul is not just offering a suggestion, but a command from God! Just in my first nine months of marriage I have seen, thankfully not many times, this play out in several disagreements that Reid and I have had. Reid and I knew we weren't understanding each other's needs, but this book clearly states what we were missing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment