Wednesday, April 22, 2009
at 9:43 PM
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Meet "Grandmother" as they call her. She is in her late nineties and is a riot. She repeatedly goes "shopping" in my mom's room and takes all her stuffed animals and baby doll. Today my dad brought her a doll. As you can tell she was very pleased with his selection!
I found my mom sitting on her bed. The nurse said they had been trying to get her to lay down and she wouldn't. When she saw me she got this huge grin on her face! I snapped a quick picture in the dark room.
We brought mom a smoothie and Easter candy. Here is dad helping her drink it.
She's thinking really hard about these M&Ms. We love chocolate in this family.
I have been thinking so much this week about Easter and the blessing of the Cross. I try to keep perspective, even though so much has changed and it would be so easy to allow myself to fall into a selfish state of mind.
The bottom line is that if the last three months have done anything, they have blessed me with a glimpse of the amount of pain God must have gone through to watch his Son suffer. It has made me realize how much God loves me, the sinner. That He was willing to send His only Son (perfect and blameless) to be die for my sin so that I wouldn't have to.
I never realized the depth of His love for me until I watched my mom live these last few months. Everytime I see her, a little more is gone. I tell myself that He has already taken that piece to be with Him.
So, tomorrow it is with a deeper gratitude I celebrate that He was risen, risen indeed.
-- Post From My iPhone
at 4:06 PM
Thursday, April 9, 2009
These are my firsts. If I tag you it means I want to know yours.
1. Who was your FIRST date? John Rainwater. I think he was the first date of EVERY girl at Walnut Valley.
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love? Yes, I'm married to him. :)
3. What was your 1st alcoholic drink? Hmmmm I think that was wine. Yuck!
4. What was your FIRST job? I opened my own Snow Cone stand with three friends one summer in high school.
5. What was your FIRST car? My grandmother's old BMW. I had a love/hate relationship with that car.
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today? Reid. What a good husband.
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning? Reid. I'm such a good wife.
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher? My mom - I was home schooled. Please don't judge me, we were very normal and were with other kids all the time!
9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane? St. Louis to visit my Aunt Dorothy.
10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk? I remember playing with several friends because our moms were friends, but when I remember making a conscious decision to be best friends with someone it was in second grade when I met Jennie Sherman Jaksha.
11. Where was your FIRST sleep over? Michelle Baker Yount's birthday party in kindergarten. If I remember correctly, the birthday girl had an accident in her sleeping bag that night! Talk about memories!
12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today? Drew March, Lindsey's husband, called at 7:00 am to let me know she was in labor! I was so excited!
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time? Let's make this the first time I was a bridesmaid. It was for my good friend Lindsey Lytle March who had her first baby boy today! Welcome baby Brayden March.
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning? Put my contacts in.
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to? Amy Grant and Gary Chapman at Barton in Little Rock. I was in fourth grade.
16. FIRST tattoo? I wish.
17. First piercing? One in each ear for my eighth birthday!
18. First foreign country you've been to? Trinidad.
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing? The Sound of Music. Ahhhh.
20. When was your FIRST detention? 8th grade. I was late for school too many times.
21. What was the first state you lived in? AR
22. Who was your FIRST roommate? Michelle Baker Yount in Reid Hall at the University of Arkansas during our freshman. It was such a fun year.
23. If you had one wish, what would it be? A cure for Alzheimer's
24. What is something you would learn if you had the chance? Neurology
25. Who do you think will be the next person to post this? I don't know.
I'm too lazy to tag people. If you read my blog consider yourself tagged!
at 6:26 PM
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
at 8:17 PM
at 7:35 PM
Saturday, April 4, 2009
at 9:46 PM
They just did a shout out to Nazarenes, Catholics, Methodists, but when they got to the Penecostals I thought the roof was gonna come down! Some religions sure don't mess around. I was just hoping this concert would mean I wouldn't have to go to church this weekend. (that was supposed to be a joke).
More on the concert later...they are singing a song I happen to like!
It's called "Thank You"
-- Post From My iPhone
at 1:36 PM